dude one update:
- he is having his first 'summer vacation'. he doesn't get it yet, as he wants to be in kindergarten like RIGHT NOW. i have to document this as i'm sure it won't be long before he can't wait for summer vacation.
- he is playing t-ball in the recreation program this summer. because of our work schedules, there isn't much else we can bring him to. so, one day a week a family member (mom/dad/brother) will bring him and then matt is taking thursday afternoon's off for the entire seven week program. i'm so happy we were able to make this work out. tucker is LOVING it. i'll have to do a t-ball post soon. you know, because we just spent $70 in new equipment to 'practice' with at home.
- likes to tell me how bored he is. OMG. it has already begun. my goal is to get him (and his brother) outside on every single nice day there is. playground, backyard, walk ... anything just to get out of the house.
- he totally loves to camp. he is anxiously awaiting for our next big camping trip in july to bemidji.
- loves to go fishing just as much as camping (they do go hand in hand). he got a new pole and a new lifejacket so he's all jazzed up about getting out on the lake with dad and derek.
- he always has his baseball cap tipped a bit to the side.
- he is totally OBSESSED with the weather. last month i bought him books about hurricanes, blizzards, tornadoes, lightening, and floods. they are his top choice for bedtime stories almost every night. he loves when i bring up the weather radar on the computer. he laid in bed one night with his blinds open so he could watch the lightening (thunderstorm) pass through. he LOVES to talk about the weather. future meterologist? perhaps not. he wants to be a cop. :)
- also loves talking about the planets, the solar system, astroids, hot lava and volcanoes. totally going to be a science nut at this rate.
- loves watching the history channel with his dad.
- his favorite toys are his tinker toys, legos, matchboxes, and other random things he happens to bring together in some imaginary cluster. it's so interesting to see how their minds work.
- still loves his brother even though levi is able to basically RUN after him. oh, and levi has also learned how to crawl up onto tucker's bed if the stool is down. EEEK.
dude two update:
- totally LOVES his big brother. wants to do everything he does. even when he can't. he growls and tries as hard as he can.
- is such a big boy. at his one year check up, he weighed 24.13 pounds and was 30.5 inches tall. he was in the 75th percentile across the board. his brother was usually in the 25th percentile.
- he is sporting a baby mullet. i want the FRONT of his hair to grow before i get it cut, but he's starting to look like a 80's rocker.
- loves to eat. he loves just about anything you put in front of him.
- he has not had a bottle since he turned one. that night, he fell asleep without his bedtime bottle and i never looked back. it is SO weird to have cleaned out my bottles, liners, etc. my cupboards are more bare and my wallet is getting thicker - bwaahaa!
- he loves to play in the dirt. he's pretty good about not eating it. however, the other day he did find a piece of colorful chalk in the sandbox and figured it must have been candy. whoops. ick.
- he's been walking really well since the week of his birthday. in fact now, he RUNS from me when he has something he's not supposed to. i can tell when he's tired in the evenings because his walking skills start to resemble those of a frat boy on a saturday night.
- he says the basics (mama, dada, baba) but also says a few other things like, 'baaaa' for ball, 'haaaa' for hat, 'baaaa' for bat ... you get the picture right? i swear he's said cup before too. i don't know, i feel like i'm not documenting his words as good as i did with tucker. does it count that levi likes to growl a lot?
- i swear i will kick myself for even mentioning this (knock on every piece of wood in the house) but he sleeps through the night. pure heaven.
- he still loves his binkie.
- new favorite toy: the couch. wants to play on the couch ALL THE TIME. he tries to crawl onto it, but can't. YET.
- loves to cuddle. and loves the same exact blankies that tucker did when he was little.
i'm so lucky to have dude one + dude two!
i still have a million things that i want to blog about: both of their birthdays, easter, camping (levi's first camping trip last july and fishing opener), holidays, and other random things we've been doing. this summer i'm going to take my time and probably give you a bunch of 'old but not forgotten' posts about life around the cook house over the past ... year. geesh, sounds like i've just told myself i'll be blogging a lot more this summer.